Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Clubs



O.k. there is a club for everything. I would say in our town alone, there is probably 25 or more clubs (i.e. woodworking, swimming, autism etc). Most clubs require a gold coin ($1,$2)donation to participate. I have been part of the "go getter girls" for about 6 weeks now. We are a running group. We meet at 5:30am on Mon, Thurs and we run 5k's. On Tues and Sat. we meet at the same time; but on tues, we do cross training and Saturday, we run between 10 and 12k's.
This morning was our last run for the year. When we arrived, we found that we were going to have a party. Our coach started by saying that a surprise guest travelled from a far to attend. Little did I know, I was the surprise guest. They introduced me to an Australian Christmas, including beach chair, cooler, and a decorated beach hat. I also learned to play backyard Cricket. The party ended with an Australian snowball (a cup of water)being thrown at me.
It was a very nice way to curb some of the holiday homesickness blues. I have said before...Australians have to be some of the friendliest people around.

1 comment:

The Igo Family said...

How fun! I a am glad you have that to do. Sounds like you could bring some great ideas back to WP!!!