Thursday, January 15, 2009

celebrities ???


A man from the newspaper came last week and interviewed us. Little did we know that it would be a 1/2 page article with our picture. It was an article that included everything from how R.T. and I met to why he is called R.T. and not R.C. to R.T.'s view of medicine in Australia. We were a bit disappointed that everything that had to do with God leading us to where we are now, turned out to be "just fate".

It has made things a bit difficult this week. Yesterday, I went to the market and butcher. I opened my mouth to say "I will take 8 of those". The lady next to me said "oh, you are the new doctor in town...." Five minutes later, I was able to leave with not only some food but a new friend. R.T. was leaving the hospital on Monday when a couple, whom he had never met, said "how is your wife, Letitia, enjoying Kingaroy and your kids Cassim and Abbie...." They had completely memorized the article. People here are so friendly and they really do "give a care" about the person next to them. So, yes, while we have been inconvienced, had a few more stares them normal and felt a little like our privacy has been invaded; it is nice to know that there are people who really do care.

1 comment:

thehirschgang said...

How fun is that?! That will be great in your scrapbook! :)