Monday, March 2, 2009

Chimneys

o.k. So...if I would have simply titled this Hobart, who would read this? The first thing that I noticed in Hobart was the houses had chimneys. That may not be any big deal to those living in Missouri, but I did not realize that I missed the charm if chimneys until I realized that we did not have them in King*roy.
R.T. and I loved our long weekend in Hobart. As my facebook reads...."you really need to put Tasmania on your bucket list". The mixture of the ocean, mountains, harbours, trees etc make a combination that will take your breath away.



Breakfast at an outdoor cafe


The scene from our dinner table at Mure's

Australia began its history with a past that they would like to forget. Much like we would like to forget our history of slave trade. Unfortunately, it is reality and is a part of the culture that makes a country what it is. AU was first inhabited by prisoners who were shipped from England. We were able to tour the only prison that was not torn down. It was an amazing experience to share in this part of our adopted countries culture.

This is what 14 years of marriage looks like


the octopus tree. It is actually a eucalyptus tree that grew over a rock


We spent a couple of hours hiking on Mt. Wellington in Hobart.



Tassie coastline. God smiled on Australia when He created Tasmania. You could not help but stop and give God the praise that He deserves, when admiring this part of His creation.



more scenery

more scenery




5 comments:

thehirschgang said...

These pics are absolutely beautiful! I can't imagine what the real thing looked like! Glad you had such a wonderful time. It's amazing. Praise Him!

The Igo Family said...

God is so gracious! Thank you for sharing with us! WOW!

selah said...

Looks like a great trip - beautiful photos!

Kirsty VI said...

Lovely! Just like I remember. You are brave to climb in the fog. Can't wait to get back down there myself....only 2 sleeps to go:)

Willowmom said...

Great pics - glad you had a good time - we have certainly been enjoying the snow ( or maybe not so much!). Places that beautiful should be closer so I don't have to fly!