I always thought that living in the countryside in Missouri brought about many critters. Little did I know that living in AU brings on heaps more. I was talking with a neighbor shortly after arrival in AU and she said that last year there was on epidemic and you could actually see the little creatures running around outside (not to mention, in the house). When she told me this, I was very thankful that I came in 2009 and not 2008. A couple of weeks ago, I was having tea with a friend and I saw this metal box measuring about 6 inches x 8 inches. I asked her what it was and she said that it was for catching mice. I said "you catch them live and release them" she said "no, the snapping trap only catches 1, this one catches up to 9. then we take the trap and drown them". UGH!!!
We just killed our 4th mouse since we arrived 6 months ago. We live in a nice housing development!!! This last mouse that we had was alive in the rubbish bin. It made for quite an exciting evening trying to get it drowned.
I am so praying that we don't have a need to invest in the mega mouse trap. Otherwise, I may be seeing you all before October.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Should I tell you that you should be glad they aren't rats? ;) Since we adopted our 2 cats last year, I didn't realize how "handy" these young cats would be in locating and taking on the rats they would find in our yard. The best is that our boys (ages 7 and 5) go out rat hunting to locate the carcasses for us now. The joys of being a pet owner and parent.
Post a Comment