Today has been a good day. In anticipation of today, we did homeschool yesterday so that today we could enjoy the moment.....WE MOVED INTO OUR HOUSE. After living out of suitcases for 7 weeks and staying at 6 different locations, we were very ready to settle down into some normalcy. Actually, I have been looking forward to this moment for about 6 months. The last few months in the states were so busy and unsettled.
Queensland Health has gone above and beyond what we expected to make us feel at home. We have a four bedroom home that is only a year old. We have only a few "hand me downs" from other docs and everything else is new (new beds, living room furniture, dishes etc) They have also provided us with a desk in each of the kids rooms and a computer desk for the living area. We feel VERY blessed.
I think that we have found our church home. Our fellowship is about 60 people. We meet on Sunday mornings from 9:30-11:00 and then we have "tea" (a varied collection of hot and cold drinks and fruit and biscuits-cookies). We are one of the larger churches in the area. I was talking with a friend the other day and she was stunned to hear that, even though our towns are similar in size, we have several churches that are over 500 people. I told her that we were in the Bible belt though-not all of America is like that. With that she said that this area is the Bible belt of Queensland. I guess we have our work cut out for us.
We are getting involved in the community. The kids are doing swimming in the afternoons-I think that the Australians idolize Ian Thorpe a little more than we do M.Phelps. Both of our kids are in the beginners class learning how to do the different strokes. Abbie is also doing gymnastics on Monday mornings and I am meeting with homeschool moms fortnightly on Thurs for bible study. Dad has joined a wood workers group and they meet on Sat. mornings.
R.T. is enjoying being home more. Last night was his first night "on call". The ER closes at 10:30pm with just a nurse who stays there. Then they call the doc if necessary. He ended up having to ship someone out via helicopter and was home around 1:30. The hospital staff is learning what "type A" means. We get many good laughs at the difference in the cultures.
I will close this blog for now. We are still using internet library, but we have ordered the internet for home and it should be working in 5 to 14 days. At that time, I will blog a lot of pictures. Thank you SO MUCH for all your prayers. We would love to hear from you .
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey guys,
It has been fun reading and keeping up with you all. I am glad to hear that you are now in your home. What a blessing. It is cooler here now. I believe it will be a high of 48 today and below freezing tonight. EEEEEEEE!
We miss you all. Take care and can't wait to hear from you all.
Bobbie McLian
Yeah! We're glad you're able to get settled into your home away from home. That will be wonderful to feel like you're really there for a while and not being tossed from place to place. Hope the homes chooling is going well. As of this moment, I am still pregnant, though it will be soon. Things are happening. We're just waiting. We'll keep praying with you guys!
Gary and Lynette
I want photos!!!! I need visualization!!!
Hey! I'm glad you're settled in your new home. I saw a couple looking at your house in Willow. Hopefully soon you will be able to sell it.
Take care and watch out for snakes!!
Sherry
We miss you guys. Did I mention how awesome it is that you packed up and moved to Australia? We want to come visit you, but first we want to ski in Colorado. We are so sick of heat.
Things are going... Dominican. It would be extremely frustrating if we were in the States. The culture here is so hard to get used to. For instance, if someone says, "I will be at your house at noon." that actually means, "See you tomorrow."
Congratulations! We are so proud that you are finally in your home and can begin growing some roots. You are in our prayers.
Frank and Suzanne
Post a Comment