I thought that you all needed some smaller posts. I have found that when you like to talk alot it translates to writing alot :-)
Chocolate has been a bit of an issue for me. I have found that Americans know their chocolate. I went to the market to get some semi-sweet chips. I could not find them....I went to the other market and found a manager. He led me to a section that had chocolate products about 3 feet long on ONE shelf. I asked him where the rest was. Then I continued to explain america's need for chocolate. I have found that I cannot get semisweet chips. I can get a cooking form of dark choc. and milk choc. Which in my opinion, are very poor quality. (We are going to Sydney in a few weeks and I am going to be on the hunt for some chocolate. I have been making alot of no- bake oatmeat cookies as I can get cocoa powder.
by the way, peanut m&m's and snickers are 1.60. Also, because we do not have hersheys or giredelli's the mocha drinks are different as well.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It cannot be! How will you survive for a year without semisweet chocolate? Speaking of chocolate I had some 'semi-sweet' chips on my Cream of Wheat this morning. Ummm! Have you tried Vegemite cookies yet ... they might be a valid replacement for chocolate chip cookies.
Bummer! I just bought milk-chocolate covered cranberries at Trader Joe's - so yummy. Of course, the bright side is, you won't have to worry about eating too many sweets!
Post a Comment