This seems to be an obvious question. In the states, we would say that it is the black or green liquid that we would serve as a hot or cold drink.
I have found that is not always the answer here. One day, while waiting for my kids at swim lessons, I was talking with a friend. She apologized for eating her watermelon in front of me, she was having tea....TEA...I call that watermelon. I was checking out at the market the other day, when the manager came and asked the girl checking me out, if she would like tea......
Tea can be a hot drink, but it can mean lunch, dinner, snack or just used as an excuse if you want to get out of doing something. You have to decide on the context of how it is used. I was invited to tea at 2p.m. - that meant snack. My parents were invited for tea at 6p.m. - they were served dinner.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment