So what does it mean to be suffering from a drought? This is something that we are still learning. It is a big change going from the flooded lakes of West Plains to the "empty dams" of King*roy. We now have a four minute hour glass that has a sunction cup that is in our shower. I was talking with a lady this week and I was telling her that I liked our big bathtub. It was really great to fill it up to the top and relax. She looked at me like I had committed a huge crime and exclaimed "our dam is empty"...I think that I will stick to a four minute shower. We also drink rainwater- It has a very sweet taste-. Our town is on a level 5 water ration right now. This means that we are allowed to use a hose from 5-6p.m. on even numbered days-no sprinklers allowed. Our neighbor told us that the desert ( the outback) is moving out. It is a big fear that in the future there will not be enough of this natural resource to live here. ....I have included a picture of our rain tank that sits behind our hot water heater
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whoa! That is just like our water tank. There is so much rain here, but somehow we only get running water every other day. We have a huge tank that catches all the water that comes in so we can use it on our off day. We don't use a timer, but we do leave the water in the tub in case we need to use it to flush the toilet. Fun fun.
Post a Comment